- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Is Dreher, too, among the Nominalists?
- Is Nominalism really the problem anyway?
- Pimping Gardasil
I attended the Eighth Day Symposium, an Orthodox-inspired but
broadly somewhat ecumenical gathering, Friday and Saturday. The Symposium title was “Where Are the Watchmen?,” based on a September 2016 Harpers essay by Alan Jacobs.
Some highlights of Saturday (Friday’s highlights are here). Sit back. It’s long — but very rewarding. I’ll highlight the links to my personal favorites, but your mileage may vary.
I have no idea why we should think that the dropping of a ball in Times’ Square should mark the end of the troubles, but I’ll wink at any ritual assurance I can get.
- Rest for Your Soul
- Lay aside all earthly cares
- Freedom of Fiction
- Straight-Edged Ruler in a Fractal Universe
- Our Archduke Franz Ferdinand
- The Power of Language
- Wendell Berry supplement
- Immigrants, State-by-State