I’m just a dumb lawyer. I can go weeks at a time without thinking about the Creationist/Evolutionist controversy. Nothing in it requires my close attention.
What roused from my customary obliviousness toward the controversy is the discovery that Protestant Creationism is making inroads in Russia, including in the Orthodox Church. There’s a desire to reject all things Soviet, and evolution tends to be identified with the Soviet regimes. Continue reading “Creationism in Russia” →
- Linear time and apocalyptic frenzies.
- First he screws up marriage, now abortion.
- Seduced and abandoned.
- Petty, catty, and deep down inside, shallow.
- GOP alienates farmers.
Continue reading “Tasty Tidbits 7/31/11” →
- Circumspect on circumcision.
- Nobody loves a loser.
- Role models.
- Social Democrats for Ron Paul.
- “America’s Taliban.”
- Knickers in a knot over a pigment of the imagination.
Continue reading “Tasty Tidbits 7/30/11” →
- Not dorky, but banal.
- No honest line of argument?
- Bad, bad, bad! That’s why!
- The new economy.
- Rick Perry follows the script.
- Quaker, Calvary Chapel, Vineyard, Calvary Chapel, Orthodox.
- Simulating a good time.
Continue reading “Tasty Tidbits, 7/29/11” →
John R.W. Stott, the Apostle to American Evangelicals Who Squirm at NASCAR Invocations, has reposed at age 90, reportedly while listening to Handel’s Messiah (HT Wess Stafford on Facebook). Continue reading “John R.W. Stott, R.I.P.” →
Even a short vacation helps restore perspective.
Continue reading “Tasty Tidbit 7/28/11” →
- Googling “synecdoche.”
- Neither Christian nor Conservative.
- What Breivik and Obama have in common.
- Make the machine stop!
Continue reading “Tasty Tidbits 7/27/11” →
- The song I can’t get out of my head Monday.
- Embarrassment, not national security.
- Another reason I’m glad for the free exercise clause.
- TC’s hopping.
- Writers Almanac on a roll.
Continue reading “Tasty Tidbits 7/26/11” →
- Orthodoxy in a nutshell.
- More time for Malia and Sasha.
- Did Rick Perry flub federalism?
- Gotham SSM, Day 2.
- Douthat on the Norwegian Bomber.
- Old is Green.
- The threat of the West.
Continue reading “Tasty Tidbits 7/25/11” →
- Dear Zeitgeist:
- Crony capitalism items.
- “No, thank you” on Viagra
- “AMAC is Rising!” Who!?
Continue reading “Tasty Tidbits 7/24/11” →