Category Archives: irony

Tattletale telltales

Professor Jonathan Turley’s warning to yesterday’s Congressional impeachment panel sounds right about bad precedent. Continue reading

Posted in Bread & Circuses, deathworks, irony, Political Matters | Leave a comment

Taking the easy way out

Sohrab Ahmari is an impetuous young man, new to his Christian faith, and ready to take the easy and sub-Christian route while pretending to be tough-minded and über-Christian. Continue reading

Posted in Christendom, Christianity generally, Civil Religion, irony, lifeworks, Political Matters, the worst are full of passionate intensity | Tagged , ,

Potpourri, 2/11/19

Distinguishing narrative sh*t from Shinola, pro-Islam blather, socialist blather, the great moral crisis of our time, #TeslaFail and more. Continue reading

Posted in Christianity generally, Duly noted_stay tuned, irony, Islam, Journalism, Political correctness, progressivism, Rhetorical fallacies, Technology, the worst are full of passionate intensity | Tagged , , , , , ,

Potpourri, 12/22/18

Lacking anything better to do, Senate takes “corrective action” against nation’s dead great-grandparents. More … Continue reading

Posted in Bread & Circuses, chicken hawks, Damn rackets, Feminism, irony, Legalia, Libertarianism, Naked Emperors, Selma Envy, Senate, Thrown down gauntlet, Virtue signaling, war | Tagged ,

Clippings and commentary, 12/1/18

Andrew Sullivan was on fire yesterday. On this lousy grey day, I’ve found other bright spots on the net. Continue reading

Posted in Bread & Circuses, Creation Care, Dignitary harm, Empire, Faith & Ideology, Foreign Affairs, grievance mongering, irony, Life political issues, Naked Emperors, populism, progressivism, Science, Sexualia | Tagged ,

Vignette

[H]uman freedom, properly understood, tries to resist the forces of utility that devalue human beings. [Patrick] Deneen said he lead at Notre Dame a class on the idea of utopia, from ancient days until now. At the end, he polled … Continue reading

Posted in Education, irony, liberalism, Literature, The best lack all conviction

Megan Barry – for the record

The @CBMWorg‘s so-called “Nashville Statement” is poorly named and does not represent the inclusive values of the city & people of Nashville (@MayorMeganBarry, 8/29/17) Article 2 WE AFFIRM that God’s revealed will for all people is chastity outside of marriage … Continue reading

Posted in irony, Marriage (real), Naked Emperors

Deferring to the data gods

Once upon a time, when we had a problem that was convoluted and unsettling to deal with, we’d figure out some way to medicalize it, sending it off to the doctor-god. We’re doing that with Artificial “Intelligence” now. Welfare, homelessness, … Continue reading

Posted in irony, Technology

Sneaky buggers

Overheard (after a fashion): Did you know that Greyhouse was a Christian coffee house? No! Shouldn’t they warn people?! That one gets better after it (tea warning) steeps a while (end tea warning). * * * * * Some succinct … Continue reading

Posted in Discrimination, Humor, irony, Naked Public Square

Any stick will do …

A most strange complaint was channeled through NPR’s All Things Considered Monday. Although 90% of deportations under Donald Trump have been to Mexico, Guatamala, Honduras and El Salvador, some of the other 10% are up in arms: “It’s really indiscriminate. … Continue reading

Posted in Discrimination, irony, Journalism, Legalia, Thrown down gauntlet