Newly-minted, in descending order of genius:
- "Dunning Krugerands" — NFTs (Non-fungible tokens). Source is second-hand from lalochezia on Metafilter. It struck me as a sly reference to something that very faintly rang a bell, so I searched the coinage and fortunately came up with this clear root for the play on words.
- "Cornpone Intifada" (1/6/21 domestic terrorist attacks on the Capital) — Sohrab Amari, Just Stop Listening in The American Conservative.
- "Neiman Marxists" ("limousine liberal" is too sixties; "champagne socialists" is derivative) — Jason Brennan and Christopher Freiman, Against Champagne Socialists in Reason.
- "Professional oil slicks" ("like Senators Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz") — Matt Labash, Was January 6 an Inside Job? – Slack Tide.
- "The wine-cave MSNBC set" — Matt Taibbi, A Tale of Two Authoritarians
If you would rank the first four differently, I would not break off fellowship with you.
You can read most of my more impromptu stuff here (cathartic venting) and here (the only social medium I frequent, because people there are quirky, pleasant and real). Both should work in your RSS aggregator, like Feedly or Reeder, should you want to make a habit of it.