In this freakish political atmosphere, where next year’s Presidential primaries are already populating themselves, my synopsis of the parties generally.
Both parties are deathworks, but the Democrats are careening toward insanity more giddily than the Republicans:
- Same-sex marriage
- Hatred of observant Christians
- Hostility toward observant Judaism
- Intellectual fads like intersectionality
- Foisting our sexual revolution on the rest of the world
- Celebration of cultural decadence
I can’t even give Democrats an edge on dovishness. Hillary Clinton was more hawkish than Donald Trump (at least before hiring John Bolton away from Fox, soup-strainer and all); the median plausible Democrat is probably as apt to wag the dog as the median plausible Republican.
* * * * *
You can read my more impromptu stuff at Micro.blog (mirrored at microblog.intellectualoid.com) and, as of February 20, 2019, at blot.im. Both should work in your RSS aggregator, like Feedly, should you want to make a habit of it.